I absolutely love baking and I recently baked some chocolate brownies with a twist… white chocolate chips- so here is the recipe!
185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 large egg
275g caster sugar
White chocolate chips
* oven to be preheated to 170°C*
1. Cut the 185g of butter and 185g of dark chocolate into a glass bowl and heat over a saucepan of boiling water until melted. Make sure to stir regularly to prevent the chocolate from burning. Once the mixture is completely melted, leave it to cool (or put it in the fridge for about 25 mins).
2. Preheat the oven and line a 30cm tin with baking paper.
TOP TIP- grease the tin with butter before putting the baking paper in to help it stick.
3. Break the 3 large eggs and put the 275g of caster sugar into an electric mixer and whisk at maximum speed until the mixture is thick, fluffy and light in colour. This took me about 5 minutes but I checked about every minute because I didn’t want to overbeat the eggs.
4. Add the cooled chocolate/butter mixture into the egg/sugar and mix it slowly, making sure to keep it airy.
5. Sieve the 85g of plain flour and 40g of cocoa powder into the newly combined mixture. The flour and powder must be sieved to prevent any lumps getting to the mix. Gently fold this in, again, keeping it airy (you don’t want to undo all the work you have already done).
6. Add the white chocolate chips until your heart is content!
7. Carefully pour the mixture into the tin and put in the oven for about 30 minutes- this may vary depending on your mixture. If the brownies aren’t cooked after 30 mins put them back in the oven and check every 5 mins.
TOP TIP- to check if your brownies are cooked stick a knife into the centre. If the knife comes out clean the brownies are cooked!
8. Lick the bowl clean 😉
9. Wait for the brownies to cool for about 20 mins then cut them into squares or triangles- whatever floats your boat. If you want to add an extra touch, sieve some icing sugar on the top and display.
I think these brownies are divine so I hope you also enjoy them!